Friday, May 6, 2011

Thai Spice, Little miracles, and good clean fun

I signed the kids up for "Kids night out" tonight, not so much because I needed a night off, but because a) if I didn't they wouldn't meet the quota and have to cancel and my friend wouldn't get her hours and b) they feed the kids pizza before they take them swimming. It really is a great little program.
I was kind of bummed though because I didn't have anything to do, Joe is out of town, so I dressed up anyway and thought I'd take myself out to dinner at Thai Spice. I love their Beef Pad Woon Sen. I've been craving it for weeks, but when I tried to take the kids they were packed and we couldn't get in.
I got to work and dropped off the kids to find that my beloved boss and my dear employee were both finishing up for the night. Neither of them had plans as their husbands were with their kids doing daddy things so we gleefully went out to dinner together.
Not only was the food great, we laughed the whole time. I don't know how long it's been since I've had that much fun. It was just what I needed.

Lord, thank you for Thai Spice's great food, for the miracles of meeting my friends so fortuitously and getting a table on a Friday night, and for the good clean fun we had just being girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment