Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ten times ten

Some one's husband left the church recently, and it came at a hard time for her, she really struggled with her own testimony. I'm so thankful that even though Joe has no interest in the Gospel my testimony is stronger than ever and I was able to tell her to cling to the things she knows are true and they will see her through the storm of doubts.

1. My testimony is strong.

Someone lost a baby recently, and no one ever seems to know how to react after a miscarriage. She feels so many things, and I ache with her. I'm on the other side of all that, and I long to pull her to this place where sure it hurts a bit, but that pain has made you better.

2. I have learned through my losses.

I see people who get a kick out of debate. They like to argue. I can't stand contention.

3. I am a peacemaker.

My talk on Eater Sunday went really well. I wasn't nervous and the spirit was strong as I shared the scriptures and my testimony of the Savior.

4. I love to share my love for the Savior.

The High Councilman who spoke after me is kind of a fan of my son. Apparently they spent some time sitting next to each other in Primary a few weeks back and the gentleman was impressed. James can be a handful, but I'm thankful that his testimony and keen grasp of Gospel concepts shines through.

5. God is part of my children's lives.

Osama Bin Laden is dead. I am relieved he can't hurt anyone anymore, but I do not feel joy at his death.

6. I see people as Children of God.

I get to teach art camp again this summer, pending enrollment. I can't wait to pass on the techniques that will give a voice to their creative energies.

7. I am a Teacher.

My kids hug pretty much every teacher they meet, every day. They hug people at work. They hug people at church.

8. My children carry on my tradition of loving people.

I talked to a friend who needed a listening ear.

9. I do the work of God, a little every day.

My husband is away, and I'm okay. Sure I miss him and sure I'll be happy to snuggle into his chest when he gets home, but I'm fine.

10. I am secure in who I am.

Ten things, from the past ten days, ten things that are blessings worth thanks times ten. I am so rich with blessings.

Thank you Lord for blessing me ten times ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment