Saturday, April 23, 2011

Busy week, catching up

I have been so worn out all week so I've neglected this, which is bad because I was so blessed this week.

It's hard to separate the days right now. Let's see, where did I leave off? Oh Tuesday. Tuesday was my birthday. I got lots of calls and E-greetings. I went and painted faces in Jordan's class, then watched the "fairytale ball." That was a great way to spend the mid-day. (To bad I forgot my camera) I then went to dinner with Joe to a little place called Thai Spice. We BOTH enjoyed our meals very much. That NEVER happens. I can't believe we agree on a restaurant now. How crazy is that? I had beef Pad Woon Sen.

Lord, thank you for a wonderful birthday.

Wednesday Joe and Tali left for their Daddy-daughter trip. James and Jordan are very jealous, and so am I, but I'm happy they get to have this time. I went to work, picked up the kids, came home and got a nap before making dinner and heading for church. I taught the girls. One of them wasn't a member, one was inactive, and one was active. I told them we were doing "Our-skittles of Faith." I wrote the 13th Article of Faith on the board and numbered every one of the 68 words. Then I told them we were memorizing it. They didn't have to memorize the whole thing, but at the end of the hour they would get a skittle for every word they did remember. The non-member got 68. The other two got 40. The best part was that the active girl is ADD and even though she was twiddling and walking around with her back to the board she did SO WELL! That's a HARD one to learn!

Lord, thank you for such a good idea. I don't know why you bless me with them when I am so scatter-brained and do everything last minute, but I love that you get through to me. Oh and thank you for presenting me with the small service I could do a friend with 5 minutes on my sewing machine, too. Thank you for all she does for ME.

Thursday, I worked a double, with mad running in between the shifts. I went to the store after the second shift to get the Easter eggs, candy, and bags to cut into baskets for the next day. I was so frazzled, trying to get every thing to add up, 60 kids times 6 eggs, so that's this pack of eggs plus these, and this combination of candy. Finally the kids and I went to the paper bag aisle and grabbed 400 bags. You know, for the 400 eggs. Instead of the 60 kids... like I would have done if I hadn't been so frazzled.
I realised the error on my way home and laughed at myself the rest of the way. The kids didn't get it.
Then I was up until 1 or so stuffing candy in eggs while I watched a Bollywood movie. I love Bollywood.

Lord, thank you for being able to laugh at myself, and for clean musicals.

Friday was the egg hunts. I took the kids for the first one. It went very well. Then I dropped the kids off with my mother-in-law. She was getting Jordan to a birthday party while I worked the evening shift, and did another egg hunt. That too went well, better than expected, especially as I got a nap between shifts. The best part was I got to work with M, who found out the other day that I too LOVE those pink and white iced animal cookies and brought a bag for all of us to share. She is so fun to work with in the first place, but then, as I grabbed my purse to leave I discovered that she had wrapped up some more cookies and put them on my purse for me to take home. Where does the woman get her resources of thoughtfulness?
Then I came home and opened a thread on my board before bed. It's a positive thought thread, and this one popped in my head, "What cannot be done through love, cannot be done." Apparently it's an original, right from God, through me, and to someone on that thread who needed it. Again, with the blessings, He is so good to me.

Lord, thank you for being so present in my life.

Today I slept in, de-ticked and bathed my poor sweet puppy, started a laundry load of his bedding, and am having pink and white iced cookies for breakfast while my dog hovers near. He is so forgiving, so sweet, and so loyal.

Lord, thank you for my dog who was there to bark if I had needed warning last night and was so sweet while I groomed him this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment