Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Falling leaves

Having been raised in the desert, I never really understood the draw of trees. In fact forest roads used to make me feel claustrophobic. I still love the big open sky of the west, but trees have definitely grown on me over the last several years. I fell in love with the quiet sentries of nature on vacation a few years back, and when I saw the forest that surrounded this house I just had to live here. Now every day I stop for a moment or two and gaze on the beauty of my trees.
Yesterday the wind was blowing gently, and I had some harp music playing on my iPod. For just a few moments the leaves fell perfectly in time with the chords from the strings, like they were the agile fingers that brought the music to life. It was a moment of pure beauty, and in moments like that I can't help but know that God loves me.

Thank you Lord, for falling leaves, the orange, yellow, and red valentines that you send drifting down to me.

1 comment:

  1. Yes. Beautifully said.
    And I even enjoy raking them.
    Great way to find the tender mercies, sis.
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete