Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thinking Thankfully

I've decided to do a daily blog, and for a year I am going to write about something I am thankful for.
I am thankful for the way the morning fog danced among the trees as I started my day. I know some people don't like fog, they think it is depressing, but I love fog. I love the way it wraps around me like a blanket of stillness. I love the soft way it caresses the ground, the lake, the sky. I love the sleepy way it lays in the valleys and the way it flows on the wind.

Thank you Lord, for fog.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! A wonderful way to record the many fantastic blessings in your life. I'm looking forward to the daily dose of gratitude.

    I'll even add, "Thank you, Lord, for a daughter who has learned to be thankful for the tender mercies along the way."

    ReplyDelete