Monday, November 22, 2010

Words

I'm rather surprised I never put this on "Thoughts," I shared it elsewhere last year and saved it to my computer. This is how I describe the process of writing:


"Ah, catharsis, the point at which all that we have felt and all we are currently feeling rises within us and breaks the utmost boundary of our soul. Then issues forth something unique and beautiful which we scurry to catch upon the page before it is lost in the oblivion of spent emotions. This is the quest of all who write, to pen the words that frame the most intangible issuance of the human condition."


I am so thankful for words. I do unique and beautiful things in many ways, but there is something about writing that has such power.

I think in truth what I am should be called expressive and not creative. Depending on your perspective creation can mean anything from making something from nothing to the skillful reorganization of matter in a new or unique way. So, creative is so subjective.

Expressive though, that's me, I yearn to express the eternal and fleeting ideas and feelings that make life so beautiful.

Some LDS Composer, I can't remember who, wrote "Thanks for the music, inside me." Similarly I give thanks for the words that pour out of me.

Thank you Lord, for words.

2 comments:

  1. That was Janice Kapp Perry who wrote the lyrics.

    And, yes, you are expressive. Makes me so very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it her son singing them then?

    ReplyDelete