Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sewing

I love my sewing machines. I mean where would this stitch-witch be without them? Dad and Joe went in together on my standard machine right after I got married, and then later Joe bought me my serger. I've been using them both today making Christmas presents and I'm so thankful to have them.

I am also thankful that my mother took the time to teach me to sew at an early age. I very much remember making that little yellow sweatsuit for Joe-Joe. It couldn't have been an easy process teaching me, but she found the time and the patience to do it.

Thank you Lord, for Sewing.

2 comments:

  1. [Gasp!] I had forgotten about that! You were an eager and very teachable learner, my dear, and had the innate ability to see the end from the beginning. I was so proud of you then and continue to be now. What other 16 year old would have taken on the responsibility of all those Shakespeare costumes for the school play? Thank YOU for learning so well, so easily, and so thorougly! (Still remember how to time your machines? If so, will you help me remember? LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew how to time a machine, I think my standard machine could use a timing, it just doesn't sound right. I guess I'll have to wait until it's breaking needles and skipping stitches before I take it somewhere though, because "It doesn't sound right," is not going to fly with a repairman.
    Maybe I should just pull off the covers and throw on a little oil...
    It was very kind of that old man to pretend he couldn't figure out how to fix that machine so I could lean in and say, "well isn't that it?" Another thing to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete