Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Going to Church, Insurance, Experience, and Perspective

Wow I really am behind on this... sigh. Life is crazy.

Sunday I was so glad to be back at church. It's crazy how much you miss in such a short time. Church is something that re-fills my cup, so I'm so glad the kids were well enough to go.

Monday was manic, I went to work, came home and worked on the house. Then went back to work, then put a dent in the car on the way home. I'm fine, and it's only a car. The insurance will pay for most of it. I just wish the yellow pole had been taller. But yeah, it's only a car.

Tuesday was more work, and I'm still sore from it. Amazing how the motivation of an appraiser coming can get you through your to-do list. I thought, half way through the day that it's a good thing we've learned all these skills and that we have the right tools. There is no way we could have done all this without the backgrounds we have.

Today has been another long day, but right now they all feel that way. While driving down the road I remembered passing the same place this fall and bright yellow leaves were twirling and spinning down from a tree, gilding the street in fall brilliance. That moment had been deliriously happy. I remembered that in that moment I thanked God for allowing me these wonderful times between the stressful times. I knew life would take another turn, I know very well that life is about growing, but those moments between are so beautiful, and I'm thankful that I know I'll have more of them soon. This is just a moment.

Lord, Thank you so much for the chance I have to go to Church each week. Thank you for Insurance to make up for my blunders. Thank you for the experience that I have gained in my mere 31 years. Thank you for perspective, and the peace it brings me.

1 comment:

  1. And, Lord, thank you for a daughter who has such a great capacity to find the silver linings in life, and the wisdom to do so.

    ReplyDelete