Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Moms of My Readers

Sometimes I think my writing is no good. It's usually just a moment when I give into the nagging fear all writers have at the back of their mind.

There are moments though, that I can use as a ruler, even if they don't give me an accurate measure I can slap that nagging fear across the knuckles and continue with my writing. I cling to those moments, they mean the world to me.

Last night I met the mother of a friend. She came into my work and when I realised who I was talking to she smiled and said of course she knew who I was, her daughter spoke of me so often and read me so often.

Naturally I blushed and ducked my head. She must be a very good mother to keep track of the names of people in her daughter's life like that, but the way she said it, it was such a compliment. I love it when people express to me how much they like my work, but for them to turn around and talk to their families and friends is HUGE!

Lord, thank you for the mothers of my readers that so very kindly let me know that my work is truly enjoyed.

1 comment: