Thursday, February 17, 2011

The industrial revolution

Sometimes I wonder, do machines really make life better?
Naturally I don't mean the centrifuge or what ever other machines doctors use. Those are no-brainers in the life-bettering area. And, yes, I understand that technology has built upon itself so that each new device is the culmination of the ones before and the ones before are vital links in the chain of progress.
I just... I think our lives are too complicated, too automated, too saved by "labor saving devices." It's like we are liberated to the point where we have nothing to stand on and nothing to hold on to. Oh I could think about this for aged if I let myself, but I won't.
I will however state that the washing machine is a must in my book. I've washed clothes by hand, and I don't know how on earth women who had to do it all the time ever got anything else done.
Lord, thank you for bringing me to Earth at a time and place, when I can have a washing machine. I really do appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment