Monday, March 14, 2011

Good timing, pitching in, and return to health

I knew it was coming. When you see your employees dropping like flies you can just tell you are going to get the flu. So when that first wave of nausea hit, I knew just what it was. To tell the truth though, my next thought was, "Well at least I'm getting it now, instead of Tuesday." Tuesday is the RS Birthday Dinner and Service Auction. I did not want to miss that.
So I went and got my kids from my mil's, and got back home in time to battle off the second major wave of nausea. I had to use my pressure points for that one, and they worked! Oh the tricks you learn during pregnancy.
I was sick the rest of Saturday, then all of Sunday. I'd feel ill every time I stood, or rolled over, or the bed moved. So I laid there in bed, occasionally pressing my thumbs into the insides of my wrists, and watched tv. Joe fed the kids. What I'm not sure, but they ate. Plus, I didn't have to play referee at all. Now I'm all better and ready to go to work tonight.

Lord, thank you that when I got this it was at a time when the world didn't fall apart because I was sick. Thank you that Joe stepped up and pitched in so I could be sick in peace. Thank you that I'm better now and back to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment