Thursday, March 17, 2011

Turn that frown upside-down

Today didn't start well. It's St. Patrick's Day, and ever since I was a kid I've resented that while I can't find any Irish on my family tree, and I'm not Catholic either, I am threatened with repeated physical assault if I do not participate in this Holiday. It's not that I mind celebrating Ireland and all, it's just that it's MANDATORY.
That irritates me, and probably always will.
So I was in a bad mood, but because I work with kids, I put on a green shirt, green eyeliner with clovers at the corners of my eyes, and then went to work on the kids.
At the last minute I grabbed my bag of face painting supplies and took them to work with me. I got to spend the morning drawing all over people's faces. It started with my co-worker, and the kids. Then I painted on my boss when she popped in. Then the next thing I knew I was painting mothers who came through the door, employees who had forgotten their green, and members I don't even know who saw someone else and wanted to join in on the fun.

I love face painting. It is so much fun.

Lord, thank you for turning my frown upside-down.

No comments:

Post a Comment