Saturday, March 5, 2011

Plants, Rain, Likeness, Kindness, Opportunities, Little Miracles, Innate goodness, and Healthy snacks

The flowers are out. Well the ones on the north side of the house aren't, they are just barely pushing up leaves. The daffodils on the west side and the rose-of-Sharron's on the south are in full bloom. I looked at the bushes we planted last year and they seem to have flourished somehow.

Lord, thank you for plants that survive me.

As I type this it is raining. Some people find the rain depressing, I find it romantic and comforting. It's like God's efforts at watering the plants is a reminder for me to take care of me.

Lord, thank you for the rain.

Today as I taught my lesson I saw a woman remove her coat and creep forward two rows to wrap it around an elderly woman. Watching that while someone read a scripture about how we can become one with God... it was such a special moment.

Lord, thank you for letting me see your likeness in her.

I dropped my car off to be fixed on Friday without making the call to let the adjuster know I was going to in advance like should have, and yet the adjuster got over there that same day. I'll have my car back that much sooner. I could hear the surprise in his voice when I thanked him for it, but I really was grateful.

Lord, thank you for people who do the kind thing without thinking.

Someone asked a question online, and I was able to respond with my testimony. I needed that, I need the spirit that comes when I bear my testimony.

Lord, thank you for those special opportunities.

After having presidency meeting Wednesday night I ran into two women who we mentioned we have been missing. I very much enjoyed chatting with each of them briefly and sharing our sincere love for them.

Lord, thank you for the little miracle of putting me in the exactly right place at the exactly right instant.

My in-laws needed their yard mowed. Even with the riding lawn mower, they just can't do it anymore. Joe went and did it without any nagging.

Lord, thank you for the goodness in him.

My kids just came in and asked for yogurts, which of course they were allowed. I love how, even with all the junk food they get at Grandma's they still really enjoy the healthy snacks I keep on hand.

Lord, thank you for delicious healthy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment