Saturday, December 25, 2010

The First Gift of Christmas

It wasn't gold, frankincense, or myrrh, it wasn't awestruck visitors. The first gift of Christmas was the love of a Heavenly Father to His children, delivered in the form of a child.
That child would grow and work the greatest work in the history of God's children, but today I am giving thanks for something else, something simple and yet elegant in a way only God could have done things.

In order to teach us about love, God sends us to parents, and then God allows us to become parents in our turn. I am only partially through this process, and I'm curious about the things I will learn as the years progress. Thus far I have learned this truth: that we cannot understand the love others have for us until we love in a similar way. It will be a long time before I understand the love that God has for me, but I see the smallest seeds of it in how I love my kids.

I am so thankful for that, I'm thankful I know about the relationship that I share with my Heavenly Father, and I'm thankful for the wise way in which He is teaching me more each day about how He loves me.

Thank you, Lord for bringing the first gift of Christmas, The Father's Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment