Friday, December 31, 2010

A perfect begining

After dinner tonight I became rather bored, and decided I was in the mood to read. So I went to my shelf and picked up the last book in the Chronicles of Narnia, The Last Battle. I have been working my way through the series for some time now, only picking one up when I am able to really devote myself to the book.
I was buried in the unfolding plot, passing the hours in adventure and peril with the characters as they faced insurmountable odds. Then came the end of the final battle. Just as the giant named Time raised his horn to his lips to sound the end of Narnia I heard fireworks exploding.
The new year had come.
I smiled to myself and kept reading, and if you know what lies at the end of that book you know what a lovely Eternal perspective I was treated to in this first hour of a new year.
Thank you Lord, for the favor of a perfect crossing into the new year, and for giving me another year in which to grow closer to thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment