Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Moon watchers

The light on my windowsill as I went to bed filled me with expectancy. The moon was full and so bright that it made my white curtains glow. A clear sky, and the lunar eclipse coming!
I set my alarm for 2:30 am, and then fought my way out of bed. I stumbled to the door and stepped out into the cold night, breathing in the first hours of winter.
But as I looked at the sky my heart sank. An expanse of gray stretched from tree to tree, blocking my view of the moon. Dejected I went back to bed, having missed a once in 400 years occurrence.
Thankfully not everyone missed it and today I thank the Lord for Prof. William Castleman who made a time-lapse movie of it, Melissa Bell of the Washington Post for doing an article on it, and Rebecca S. who sent me the link.

Thank you, Lord, for others who still look at the sky in wonder, thank you for the beauty of your creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment