Monday, January 3, 2011

Catching up, again.

Man, I keep slipping up, but I blame Joe, lol. We so rarely sleep on the same schedule that when he's ready for a nap I often skip everything so I can go with him. Beds are so much warmer with two.

Yesterday I was very thankful that my simple lesson went so well. On first Sunday we have the Asian sisters in the room with us. We love having them there, but they usually have a separate class. This is because it is hard to get through even a few key points when you are doing it in three languages. They manage in two languages weekly (because they are completely amazing!) but are kind enough to translate for us on first Sunday so we can have them in the room.
I based the lesson off of a few inspiring verses in Deuteronomy chapters 5 and 6, with a little Matthew and Mark mixed in. It was about having the Lord at the right place, at the front of your mind and always in your heart.

The kids and I also finished listening to the Book of Mormon on the way to church. Those last two chapters cover some off the scale stuff, in both extremes. I thought about how desperate the situation was for Mormon and Moroni, and yet how STRONG they were because of it. It gives me hope for the future, that when things do go from bad to worse we as individuals can go from good to better.

Today I am thankful that my kids got ready so quickly this morning. I was dreading the fight to get them out of bed, and it was a bit tough, but once they were going it went really well. Not only did we get to school on time, I got home and back to school in time to give James the forgotten backpack before class started.

Lord, I thank thee for thy attendant spirit, and for obedient children.

No comments:

Post a Comment