Saturday, January 15, 2011

A soft, warm blanket and kind employees

(Another two day post, but in my defence the Tylenol wasn't working last night. )

I'm sick. Just some little cold. I wouldn't let it bother me except that it's taken away my voice. Usually to lose my voice like this I have to cough and hack for a week, but this time it was gone before I was even sure I was sick.
Naturally, alternately sounding like a bird and a man with throat cancer makes me sound a lot sicker than I feel. The sinus meds aren't helping, making me sleepy.
Yesterday I decided I'd better call off for my evening shift, so I called an employee and she was kind enough to switch Friday nights with me. It was really kind of her to re-arrange her life like that for me, just so I don't get the kiddos sick.

I am also thankful for our warm blankets. It's such a little thing, but for thousands of years people have shivered under itchy wool blankets, and I've got downy faux fleece throws to rub on my face as I cuddle under them.

Lord, thank you for the kind people and the comforts in my life that make sick days so pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment