Saturday, January 29, 2011

Simple service

We had a baptism tonight, ANOTHER! God has just opened the windows and poured out blessings on our little ward. I kind of got caught up doing other things today so I was a bit late, okay really late. My contribution to the meal afterward was two bags of store bought meatballs that I cooked in tomato sauce right there at the church.
I was a real Martha, missing the talks to set up tables and chairs, stir the food, quiet the kids, close the doors. I got to see the ordinance, but the rest... yeah I was "cumbered about much serving" and kicking myself for missing the meeting part of the evening.
I did notice though that the floor in the Relief Society room needed attention. Small wonder with all the traffic it has gotten lately. So after we ate I grabbed the vacuum and headed in to do it.
The ward mission leader poked his head in at one point and said, "The Lord sees what you are doing, and you'll get paid." I smiled at him as I continued to work and he left, but then my heart filled completely as my answer rang out from the deepest depths of my soul, "He's already paid me, more than I could ever repay!"

Funny that the best part of my day was pushing a vacuum, just doing simple service that was for no one else but Him.

Lord, thank you for accepting my simple act of service as a token of my love for you and my gratitude for all you have done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment