Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It didn't happen to me

I'll admit it, I should have written this an hour ago, before I got the call that there is no school tomorrow. This means a shift at work when I was going to spend the morning away from kids and all kid related things, grumble grumble sigh.

But then I remembered that a tsunami just hit Australia and millions of people are worried about loved ones or homeless, or dead.

Perspective, eh?

Lord, I thank you that my home has not been hit by a tsunami and my loved ones are all safe and sound. Please, please be with the people who have been impacted by this tragedy, and please forgive me for being so shallow.

1 comment:

  1. And I come home from an hour and half's drive in a snowstorm, the last 45 minutes of it on ice with 5-6 cars behind me in far too close proximity for my sense of wellbeing, and read of my daughter's gratitude for the safety of her family members, and I think, yes, Lord, Thou art merciful and kind, and I, too, am grateful. Amen to the prayer of my precious daughter.

    ReplyDelete