Friday, January 28, 2011

People who love people with special needs

(this is my post for yesterday)

Sometimes I feel like I'm on the inside on the best secret ever. Funnily enough it's not a secret that we insiders share and don't want to get out; it's just something that others, somehow, don't understand:

People with special needs are one of God's greatest gifts to us.

Luckily for me, through my work and unique family situation I know a lot of people who share this understanding. They may not even understand what it is they understand. They may simply call it loving to help, but whether they would put it in the same words as I, or not, they know. We know that by helping people with special needs we are helping God help us, that we are helping them help others to God, that we are privileged to know them.

Lord, thank you for people who love people with special needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment