Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Understanding Call Center Employees

I wrote the checks, I put them in the envelopes. I put the envelopes in the bags, but Jordan's did not make it to her teachers hands, and therefore not to the photographer's hands.

Discovering this I pinned my hopes on picture re-take day. I watched for the notice, I kept the date in mind, and then it slipped my mind that morning and I was out of luck.

Or was I?

The school sent home little ID cards with the kids, and on them was a picture code and a telephone number. I called it today and the lady on the line pulled Jordi's pictures right up. Normally they would have charged me an arm and a leg for a special order of the prints, but when I explained the above scenario to her, the woman took pitty on me and let me have the package at the price I would have paid for it originally, plus shipping.

Lord, thank you for people who understand lost envelopes and first graders and for putting one on the phone with me today.

1 comment:

  1. An especially sweet posting, my dear. And a good reminder to sincerely thank those who work the phones when they're competent and caring...and even when they're not, since they could be struggling with some behind the scenes stuff. I'm sure you understand what I mean.

    I love what you're doing here, and I admire and love the person you have become.

    ReplyDelete